Frequently Asked Questions
What are the psychological issues covered by a Mental Health Plan?
- Psychotic disorders
- Eating Disorders
- Sexual Disorders
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Adjustment Disorder
- Conduct Disorder
- Bereavement Disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Panic Disorders
- Alcohol Disorders
- Drug Use Disorders
- Sleep Problems
What is the duration of a session?
- a session is of 50 minutes duration.
What happens if I don’t have a referral?
- That is fine, you are able to attend without a referral, you do not need a referral to visit Dr Nicole Moriarty
How often do I attend?
- Generally people start off attending on a weekly or fortnightly basis and decrease the frequency once they have started to see improvements
What about confidentiality?
- Confidentiality is assured for all clients, as dictated by the Australian Psychology Association Code of Ethics.
- If you have been referred by a medical practitioner your written consent is obtained to liaise with that professional. If you require information to be sent and/or received to any other professionals/people your written consent is also acquired.
- The only circumstances in which confidentiality can be breached is if the file is subpoenaed by a court, or if information needs to be disclosed to protect the client or any one else.